Nightmare Carnival

Go down

Nightmare Carnival

Post by Cyrah on Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:09 pm

Hi hi,

ok so, today i enrolled for a daily instance called Nightmare Carnival, which the name might suggest fighting and such but rest assured, that is barely not the case at all.

So in my case, i first went to the NPC that is named "San Juan", and a a pop up window appears giving you a list of dailies, and on the bottom part you can register for the instance and will get a random squad (at this point if you can go and do other stuff in the meanwhile, like run around like crazy around town and when the squad is ready or formed, where ever you are a message will appear asking if you want to accept of refuse and upon accepting you get ported directly to the entrance), the entrance is neat and the music was very enjoyable and well there's a portal but you can lobby around a bit and wait for the squad to get organized (or not), and well i give -1 to patience for that squad i got, because firstly when we all appeared i asked to see what this instance was about and well no one answered other than another clueless person.

And ok, you go in to the teleporter and the first room you go too is one that firstly is filled with a poisonous gas, but before even launching yourself to the gas talk to the NPC that's to the right. So ok, the first thing you will try is run as fast as possible, but oooh detail that the gas takes a hefty amount of hp for each second your there, so the time limit on this round is 30 min, but with a bit of patience at a distance or close by you can see a round thingy moving called "healing aura", and now with that option what you need to do is follow the aura around the room until you're close enough to the NPC that's in the opposite corner of the room beside the Teleporter (in my case i was getting frustrated so i was close enough just to run to the teleporter, because you WILL still take poison damage while talking to the other NPC to finish the lvl, [upon dying, you get ported to the begining of the room so just be patient and the aura does make sudden movements] and i was trying to survive that one out)

Once out of that hell hole, the next room there are hay dummies numbered 1 to 3 on the side of the NPC (which again i forgot to talk to it so i dont know what it gives, and i'll go ahead and say that on the third one as well cuz i didn't know what the hell was going on at all) and behind the NPC another series of dummies numbered 1 to 3 as well, and so 3 ppl are required to complete the task which is the following: SIMPLY FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS THAT THE NPC SAYS, and see which skill you have to use to attack the dummy that he says, or not attack it. Oh! so don't forget to pick up the reward after finishing this. Reminder: only 3 ppl are required.

Oh so far so good? having fun? so the 3rd room you need just really uber simple math skills. Each race has a different weight points or at least size wise.
Protectors: 3
Human/Elf/Kindred: 2
Dwarve:1
Goblins: 1
So i kinda have an image for this one, to add to the description; this is how it goes, so you have two scale like circles firstly talk to the NPC, and for this one you have to complete 10 correct rounds for the next room. The NPC gives you a number so you have to balance both scales to have the same amount of weight points, and the goblins are put at random (2 on one side and 6 on the other, or 3 and 5) and which btw, if needed be to get a better lvling of the scales.
(IMAGE TIME!!! And sorry, the image was really random n_nu, but better than nothing i'd say)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

And *drumrolls* finally the last room of the daily, is not really hard at all, you just loot loot and loot some more, there's nothing that'll hurt you per se, but that'll interrupt the digging yea, and another detail to take into consideration is that the NPC will start following you and casting slow on you so when you see him say your name, just run around until he goes after another player and keep digging. This lasts about 10 min perhaps? didn't really see when the timer started. and W00t! this time i did pick up the reward and it was nummy exp, and then we talk to the NPC to go out and well that was all folks!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I know the prize were things you can use, and i got a total of 15 silver tradeable coins. For more details Alex has to put the names of the tokens i got at the end.

I hope you enjoyed the read, for any typos please tell me, and well i'll try a new instance soon.

*leaves cookies*

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nightmare Carnival

Post by DarckAlecks on Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:12 pm

Ok so quick recap of the Nightmare Carnaval (abreviated to NC in-game). This is basicly an update from Sara's previous post, so most of the credit remains hers, but I thought I'd add a few info.

The Event pop-up is actually just the squad menu. It is openned by pressing "T". You can see the available events and dungeons for the time and apply for those you want. You can go around and finish a few errand quests in the meantime and you'll be paired with other people after a bit. There is a guild contribution quest with the objective to finish that instance, so I suggest you take it before entering the Carnaval.

That being said, after a while you'll get paired up with a random squad (pray to god they speak english, seeing as communication is important). You get teleported there and you can enter the instance.

You can also form your own squad if you know people who needs it too (guildies for example). You need to form a squad and go see the NPC Lapras on Rainbow Island. The leader needs to enter the instance first then the rest can follow.

VERY IMPORTANT! AT THE END OF EVERY ROOM, TALK TO THE NPC BEFORE GOING IN THE TELEPORTER' AS EACH ROOM GIVES A REWARD.

Room: Lobby

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Nothing to say here, no real challenge other than running to the teleporter. You can also chill out waiting for your team and listen to the music.

Room: Gas Room

"Me running through gas... please note that all the others lagging behind died a few seconds after! Razz"

This room hurts. Luckily, there's a trick to it. First off, near the entrance, talk to the NPC on the right side. Done? Now, you'll notice a blue-ish circle moving around the room. That circle is your BFF. Every second it heals you for your max HP's worth. To summarize it, you need to stay in the circle and get to the other NPC. The healing aura has a really random movement pattern, so you have to stay alert. Every second out of the ring (and into the gas) will hit you for 25% of your max hp. Overall, pretty easy, but beware the lag. Once on the other side, talk to the NPC and run into the teleport.

Room: Dummy Room

This room is fairly easy, given the other party members can read and/or understand the party chat. Any one in the party has to talk to the NPC. The NPC will the say a skill, and instructions. The skill he says seems to always be the first one you get (Wind Chord for bards, Assassinate for Assassins, etc.). Then he'll say either:

"Don't do what I say, but don't do nothing."
Hit a different dummy than the one he says.

"Do what I say, and do what I do."
This one has me confused, since he hits one and says to hit another. I did what he said and it worked, yet another player imitated him, and it still worked. I suggest doing what he says nevertheless.

He's going to tell you to hit dummies (you only have to use the skill once per instruction). Please do take note that the coach's dummies are on the left side, and yours' are on the right side. Once you followed his instructions a few times, two other players need to do the same. Once everyone succeeds, talk to the NPC (another one will spawn) to get your rewards and then go to the teleporter.

Weight Challenge Room:

As Sara stated, this is really VERY simple math. the highest value I have seen is 8. Then again, if nobody communicates, you will most likely fail, due to everyone wanting to randomly add or take off weight on either side. Here's how it goes:

The NPC will say a number from 3 to 7. The NPC will give you a number every 20 seconds. You have to have both side equaling the same number he says. Here's a quick weight value overview:

Goblins: 1
Dwarves: 1
Elf/Human/Kyndred: 2
Stoneman: 3

Once he says a number, goblins will spawn on both sides, so keep that in mind while adjusting the numbers. If you need to, it is possible to kill the goblins to take weight off. I can't stress this enough though : COMMUNICATION. That being said, you have to successfully balance both sides ten times in a row. Once you're done, talk to the NPC (will spawn you finish the rooms) and go to teleporter.

Antiques Room:

"Me being followed"

"Someone else being followed"

You know what I said about your party needing communication? How mad you'd be at them if they didn't listen? This is where you don't anymore. This is where you'll be happy they don't know what's going on. :p

You have five minutes to loot as much antiques as possible. Obviously, it can't be JUST that right? :p So there are a few obstacles that will try to stop you from doing so.

Meid: The NPC is the middle will call out a name, then will start running (pretty slowly) after that person. If he catches you, your movement speed is slowed, making it much slower to loot Antiques. When he says your name, try moving between antiques. You can probably loot 1 or 2 antiques before moving on, seeing as his running speed is really not that fast. Once he says someone else's name, you don't need to run anymore.

Random Chinese Name: I have no clue how to call those as the name doesn't seem like it was translated, so let's call them RCN (Random Chinese Name). Those RCNs are going to spawn near you. They hit you for 1, which is really a pushover. The annoying thing though, is that it's going to interrupt your digging. When you see one close to you, kill it before digging. It's a 1-hit kill so won't take too long.

After 5 minutes of digging and running, the admin will appear. Talk to him for your final prize and go to the teleporter.

Once you're out, you'll see that you got many carnaval token's from the different quests inside the instance. You can trade them for Weapon boxes (starting off at 400 tokens) or trade a few at lvls 15, 20 and 25 to the Hoaxer, which will give you coins (the tradeable ones) in exchange for a few tokens. This is sadly only doable once.
DarckAlecks
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DarckAlecks on Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:22 pm

Aha! So I finally got ahold of the amount of tokens needed! Except for lvl 25 that I will update later today! Here goes :

15: 2 tokens => Gives 3 silvers 60 coppers
20: 5 tokens => Gives 9 silvers
25: 10 tokens => Gives 18 silvers
30: 45 tokens => Gives 81 silvers
DarckAlecks
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyrah on Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:00 pm

Ok, this is to complement Alex's token table and amount of tradeable coins it gives.

32: (this one i'll owe) => 1Gold 44 Silver
34: 100 tokens => 1Gold 80 Silver

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down